Want to sell by Christmas!
If you want to sell your home before Christmas, there is still time – just.
Whilst a new study from the website estateagent4me suggests that it takes an average of 64 days to sell your home, given recent market activity sales are progressing quickly. Here at Abode our proactive team can offer valuation appointments without delay and from instruction your property can be listed within a matter of days. So here are our five top tips to sell your home by Christmas!
1. Appoint a great estate agent. We are always here to help, also ask family friends and neighbours as it is always good to have a personal recommendation.
2. Instruct your solicitor. Instruct a conveyancing solicitor early and start pulling paperwork together now if you want to secure a quick sale. We can offer honest recommendations from the best local conveyancers with a proven track record. We don’t recommend anyone we wouldn’t use ourselves.
3. Get your house ready for sale. If there are any issues that might come up in a survey and delay the move, consider fixing them now. And as the winter months approach, make sure your home doesn’t look too dark – it is vital to let in light with lamps, candles and mirrors.
4. Let your agent take the lead - let your estate agent take the lead at viewings and tackle any tricky questions. And let them advise on negotiations; going to best and final bids to secure the best price is a popular option in today’s sellers’ market.
5. Choose the right buyer - everyone wants to get the best price, but if you want to sell quickly as well then opt for a chain-free buyer who isn’t relying on selling their home to buy yours.
At ABODE we are happy to help you, providing a personalised service to each and every sale. For more advice contact us on 01257 676 123 or 01695 632123.